Monday, June 29, 2015

The Reckoning by MaryLu Tyndall


Book: The Reckoning (book #5 in the Legacy of the King's Pirates)
Author: MaryLu Tyndall
Publisher: Ransom Press
Publishing Date: June 19, 2015

Why I chose this book: I love MaryLu's Pirate series. No one ~ I mean NO one ~ writes Pirates like MaryLu.

Type of book: 1694 Caribbean and Pirates, also Modern day San Diego. ~ Yes, this book involves time travel, a new thing for MaryLu...and it works! I'm not a time-travel kind of reader but in this book, the tension it adds to the story line is pure perfection.

Message / plot: Overcoming fear & worry; God loves you.

Favorite characters quotes / lines: I love the pairing of Nick and our lead, Rowen! Nick should get a Best Supporting Actor award. ;-)

When I finished this book I felt: Very satisfied. This book is written in 4 parts and I thought I had an idea how it was going to end but by part 4, Mrs. Tyndall had me guessing until the end. I come away from her books feeling full; there is always a good message woven throughout her stories and they are presented in such a way that is so natural it's like talking to a friend.

Overall: MaryLu has an incredible way of empowering her readers with truth. Flat out, she's not afraid to tackle spiritual matters. The Bible says we fight against principalities and powers--spirits we cannot see--but are very real. I love that MaryLu doesn't shy away from these topics. Reading through part 3 of this story left me feeling empowered and encouraged to walk in the strength, authority and power that the two missionaries walk in. Thank you, MaryLu! Well done, indeed.

Bookshelf worthy; 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment