Friday, June 22, 2012

Book Review ~ The Lady of Bolton Hill



Book Title: The Lady of Bolton Hill
Author: Elizabeth Camden
Publisher: Bethany House 2011

Based in early America, around the time of the Industrial Revolution. This book is loaded with great characters that are imbedded into your memory upon first meeting. Camden has an amazing ability to draw these characters with words that make you laugh and truly feel that you know them.

Clara seemed a little too perfect; she made one mistake during the whole story. I would have liked to have known her quirks, etc. Really, I can't remember any faults, habits or traits besides her loving and writing music.

My favorite moment?  Chapter four!! I just love how she wrote chapter four. I also have discovered, through this book, that I adore Negative Lead characters; like Austen's Darcy.

When I finished this book? I felt refreshed; hopeful, happy for all characters. Without giving it away, I truly loved the end. Yes, I know we are supposed to love the end of a story but this one truly was beautiful. Really, I wanted another book to follow about the antagonist! Ha!

Camden is a master at writing back & forth dialog. Her descriptions of Daniel and how Clara reacts to him (chapter 4) is like watching the ball at a tennis match.

Recomendation: Must read


No comments:

Post a Comment