Monday, March 19, 2012

Finish Year - Week 8

What a great week. I had my 33rd birthday on Thursday. Did you know that Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence at 33? Someone commented, "And what about Jesus?" My response: "Uh, He died. Thanks." 


But in reality, Jesus' 33rd year was a very powerful year of ministry. I am believing for the same. My novel is started. I am pursuing coaching. I feel doors are opening and a fresh breeze is wafting in with their opening.


~ Write a novel.
This year I will write a novel, set in England in the 1800's.
I started my writing exercises this week; finished 3 of them over 7 days. Not as many as I wanted to finish--I was hoping for one a day--but it feels good getting into them! I am going through Conflict & Suspense by James Scott Bell.  AMAZING! If you're looking for someone to help strengthen your writing, he comes highly recommended from my author friends.

~ Ministry.
I have a HUGE passion to see people be who God created them to be. Each of us is unique and we each have a different part to play.
A wonderful friend of mine gave me a book for my birthday last week about Coaching. I am so excited to dive into this!


~ Get in shape.
I quit my gym membership.
No, it's not as bad as it seems. My family and I went and got our Belay licenses and have been to the climbing gym 4 times already. It's a blast to see the little ones on the rocks.

~ Bible.
This year I will read through the major players of the Old Testament (Survey of the Old Testament) as well as the books of the Bible I haven't read thus far in my life.
Eh, could have been better this week. Nothing memorable.

~ Grow closer than ever to my husband (we're both pretty individualistic people so this is a good step).
Going to the climbing gym has been an awesome experience to do with my husband; it's one of his passions. To be involved in something that he loves so much (and to be able to involve those precious little creations we made) is truly a blessing. I love how much he loves that we are doing this together! It's beautiful. 
What is something you can do with your spouse that shows you love and value who he/she is?

No comments:

Post a Comment