Monday, March 12, 2012

Finish Year - Week 7

So...It seems I've skipped a few weeks. Amazing how even writing can become something haphazard as going to the gym. I haven't altogether ignored my goals this year, but the last few Mondays have proven quite busy.

Here's where FinishYear is at for the past few weeks:

~ Write a novel.
This year I will write a novel, set in England in the 1800's.
I FINALLY finished reading a novel that I have been trudging through for the past 2 months. I enjoyed the story & felt a part of it--that's why I couldn't just drop it and move on--but it was so detailed and long. Because I was so involved in it, I find myself processing it and turning it over in my head days afterward. Do I want to write a novel like that? Yes. I want to write something people are going to think about. I want my readers to dwell on how awesome our Creator is, how unique we each are, and reflect on personal, worship experiences with God. At the same time, I don't want people to have to trudge through a book. I want real, deep characters but also the action & adventure. Hmmm. . ..


~ Ministry.
I have a HUGE passion to see people be who God created them to be. Each of us is unique and we each have a different part to play.
I spoke on Feb 22nd and for my 1st speaking engagement outside of the classroom, it went well.  Here it is: Our dreams proceed us. First God has a purpose, then He creates us to be the answer. He puts in us all the strengths, weaknesses, desires, personality type, etc. that we need to accomplish this purpose that needs an answer (YOU!). Look at Jeremiah 1. God needed someone to speak to the nations at that specific time and place. So, he created Jeremiah. Take a look, it's good. 


~ Get in shape.
Yeah, this one suffered more than my blog did over the last 3 weeks.


~ Bible.
This year I will read through the major players of the Old Testament (Survey of the Old Testament) as well as the books of the Bible I haven't read thus far in my life.
I've been re-reading Genesis 31-45. About Jacob and all of his relations & mess and continuing on to the story of Joseph. It's amazing to be able to step back from a situation and see the big picture. Do you have someone in your life that can help you see the big picture in the midst of your life?


~ Grow closer than ever to my husband (we're both pretty individualistic people so this is a good step).
What a great week! We went out and got our Belay LIcenses. On Saturday we went climbing as a family (us and our two young children). It was a great time doing something active together, trusting each other & encouraging each other. What do you do as an activity together with your spouse?

No comments:

Post a Comment