Friday, February 3, 2012

Sustained or Thriving?

Today I spent time focusing on my Bible goal for FinishYear.

In studying the Israelites, we know that God sustained them with mana until they came to Canaan to conquer in battle.  The mana stopped when they resumed the passover feast before the battle of Jericho. God never meant for the mana to satisfy the people of Israel, simply sustain her.

"the manna ceased on the day after they had eaten the produce of the land; and the Children of Israel no longer had manna, but they ate the food of the land of Canaan that year"(Joshua 5:12).

Question:

What in my life has been/is manna? (for me, it's a job. It has taught me A LOT. It gave me an outlet to teach when I had no other. It's allowed me to work with some incredible people & students.)

What is the food of the Promise Land? (for me, it's using my gifts, abilities, & who God created me to be, to the fullest extent possible. Hence the dreams of speaking and writing this year.
          Would I really pine for the manna when God has placed before me the fruit of the land?

Is there something in your life that has ceased and when you look back, it's because you have begun to live the life that God has planned for you? (Stepping into something greater).

Did you know that it took Joshua somewhere from 5-15 years to conquer all of the 31 kings of Canaan? God may have given you a promise and perhaps you are walking in it, but don't assume that it is a one day victory. There may be many battles to fight before the entire thing is yours. Fight. Stand faithful. Look to God to be your strength (not just give you strength, but BE your strength).

Where are you at today?

No comments:

Post a Comment