Friday, February 20, 2015

Dauntless by Dina Sleiman






Book: Dauntless
Author: Dina Sleiman 
Publisher: Bethany House
Publishing Date: February 24, 2015

I received a copy of this book from Netgalley.com in return for an honest review.

 My interest in this book: I have had a fascination with Medieval stories since I was a child. What girl doesn't like knights in shining armor and princesses?

Type of book: YA historical fiction. 

Ideas / message / plot: God has a plan for your life; life your life unto Him and glorify Him in all you do; you are dearly loved by God as you are. 

Favorite Characters / quotes / lines: I enjoyed Merry's poems. One funny line involving a character named Hadley: "''Tis not mannerly.' Hadley shrugged. 'I have no manners of which to speak. I'll do it.'"

Overall: This is a cute story. The tale between Timothy and Merry was enough to keep me coming back to finish this book quickly. I am always glad to see a Medieval story and enjoyed the Holy Spirit healing scene. I believe that the Holy Spirit is a huge part of the Christian faith that often doesn't get brought up in fiction. I love Wren's Sunshine men! 

This author is so very sweet (I had a chance to talk with her a bit) and I love her motto: Stories of Passion and Grace.  

4.5 stars Yes, pick this book up for your YA Princess!


No comments:

Post a Comment