Wednesday, February 25, 2015

An Uncertain Choice by Jody Hedlund



Book: An Uncertain Choice
Author: Jody Hedlund
Publisher: Zondervan
Publishing Date: March 3, 2015

Type of book: Medieval 1390

Why I think you (or a young lady you know) should read this book:  Here are some of the topics in Jody's discussion guide. This will give you an excellent idea of what Jody weaves into her beautifully crafted story:

Setting boundaries for dating, Developing friendships with the opposite sex, Evaluating the importance of outward appearances, Discovering the worth of inner beauty, Figuring out where attraction fits in when it comes to dating, Examining Gods plan for marriage and how the world distorts it.  Determining what qualities to look for in a mate. Having crusheswhen youre interested and hes notKnowing when youre experiencing true lovehow can you tell? When is it okay to kiss? What is the right age to begin dating? 

Totally love the idea? Here's a link to Jody's website to download a free 27 page discussion guide.

Favorite Characters, quotes/lines: " 'Tis often the rarity that makes something so precious, wouldn't you say? If I were to have extravagance daily, then I might begin to think the jewels and the praise are ordinary rather than treasure them as I do." There are such great messages sprinkled like sparkling treasures all throughout this book.

When I finished this book: So many ideas were flowing! I want to read this book with all of the young ladies in my circle. Unfortunately, for some of the younger tweens I know, I feel the romance may be a tiny bit too much--for others it's just the right timing. There is such a maturity gap in these growing up year. Some 11 year olds are so into boys, some could care less. One thing I think is very important is letting girls know not only what happens physically with their bodies and what boundaries are goo, but what does loving someone feel like? I think that's something that hits unexpectedly but is so important to talk about. This book is excellent for that. I can't wait for my daughter to be old enough to read it! 

Overall: I can't say enough about this read or the author. To see Jody using her talents and gifts to reach and shape young people touches my heart.  


I give this book a full 5 stars and YES, it is no doubt bookshelf worthy.

Other books to read by this author: Medieval stories not quite your cup of tea? Try her Beacons of Hope series set in the 1800's by grabbing this novella FREE for Kindle here. I recommend all of her books; these are the ones I have reviewed here:
A Noble Groom
Rebellious Heart
Captured by Love
Love Unexpected


Bonus:
Want even more? Check out Jody's Pinterest Page with images that inspired the book. 

1 comment: