Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Book Review ~ A Bride in Store


Book: A Bride in Store (Unexpected Brides book #2)
Author: Melissa Jagears
Publisher: Bethany House
Publishing Date: August 26, 2014

I received this book from Netgally.com for an honest review. 

My interest in this book: I fell in love with Melissa's 1st two Unexpected Bride books and was very excited to read another in the series. (Love by the Letter novella) (A Bride for Keeps book #1)

Ideas / message / plot: Making things happen on our own: "But I've been acting as if I don't believe God knows what I need--as if I'm the only one who can get it."

Favorite characters, quotes / lines: "Deep down was he simply afraid God would require more from him than he was willing to surrender?

When I finished this book I felt: This is a pretty good book but I think I loved her 1st ones more, in all honesty; this one just didn't pull me in as much as the other two. This is still a fine read though and suggest it for readers from YA to Adult. I give it 4 stars.

Overall: Get started in the series by reading Love by the Letter, FREE (as of this posting) on Amazon

I really like how she addressed the issue of the Male Lead's conflict, bringing to awareness the disease epidermolysis bullosa (EB). For more on this rarw disease yet without a cure or to donate to the cause, see her offered websites: irefuseeb.org 

I also really enjoyed her discussion questions! Most books I skim over these because they are so "blah". Her's are great and I would suggest her series for a book club for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment