Thursday, October 10, 2013

Book Review ~ Dark Hour



Title: Dark Hour
Author: Ginger Garrett
Publisher: NavPress (paperback); BookBaby (eBook)
Publication Date: 2006

Type of book: Biblical Historical Fiction

My interest in this book: I love getting a better feeling of what the stories in the Bible really meant. I want to experience the history. And my, oh, my does Garrett accomplish that!

Ideas expressed/message/plot: 2 Chronicles 21-23 is the basis of this story and WOW is it brought to life! For quick reference, this is the story of Israel (Ahab & Jezebel) and Judah (Jehoshaphat & his wife) revealing the story of Jezebel's notorious daughter Athaliah. Only one woman dared to stand between Athaliah and the ultimate prize: the destruction of the House of David.

When I finished this book I felt: Wow.  Stunned at how real that entire set of chapters had now become to me; the violence, the desperation, the power. Wow. 

Overall: If you want a book that helps you relive biblical history, don't pass this one up! Garrett is a fantastic story teller with such a passion for history and details that it all smooths together in an effortless tale of discovery.

5 stars. Bookshelf worthy. I would suggest this book to all biblical history fans for sure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment