Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Finish Year - Week 13


Write, write, write! That's all that's been on my mind lately but for some reason I find that I'm not sitting down to do it! Really? I know that the gift is stirred inside of me though. Every time I pick up James Scott Bell's book(s) I get all excited! So, Lord, I pray that you would help me see and set aside the time to write. I pray that if it is not the season to write, right now, that you would continue to stir this passion and teach me through every day experiences. Thank you for the family that fills up my time. Thank you for the kids that stretch my Mom Skills to their limits and beyond, thus growing me more than I thought possible. God, I thank you for your Freedom that I have in you and the I get to worship you! THAT is such a privilege! I know I couldn't go a day without worship to you and those days that are light on it...yea, I can feel myself getting wrapped up in the web of "my world" instead of seeing as you see. Please don't let me get caught up in the chaos the the kids make of my brain sometimes and to keep my focus on You as I train them up for You to use. I love you!

Amen.

~ Write a novel.
This year I will write a novel, set in England in the 1800's ... or Rome, 64 AD, set to the backdrop of the Great Fire. For more on the Great Fire: http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/rome.htm.
Read another book -- for research, of course -- but didn't get much done on writing. I did do a little brainstorming on novel ideas. That's always fun! I also celebrated with MaryLu Tyndall on her submission of yet another novel to her publishers. Woo hoo!

~ Ministry.
I have a HUGE passion to see people be who God created them to be. Each of us is unique and we each have a different part to play.
I am very excited to be taking on a new volunteer position at church that will allow me to use my passion for seeing people get connected and using their gifts! Woo hoo!
~ Get in shape.
I stretched twice this week. Yea. I suppose as soon as I'm done here I should go do that again. 

~ Bible.
This year I will read through the major players of the Old Testament (Survey of the Old Testament) as well as the books of the Bible I haven't read thus far in my life.
Still going through Judges. I read through Ruth also. Did you know the story of Ruth happens around the same time as Giddeon's story? That's why Boaz was sleeping on the Threshing floor, to protect the crop from the invading nation.

I have always been a fan of the story of Ruth. I wonder if her family was really that into the god worship of the country or if they talked about Yahweh and that's why she was so open to experiencing Him? I love the love story of Ruth. Someday I may write a story about it...maybe. Something about it just captivates me.

Do you have a book or story in the Bible that captivates you?


~ Grow closer than ever to my husband (we're both pretty individualistic people so this is a good step).
Had a GREAT date day on Sunday. The first date day we've had for three weeks, wow! I don't think I've laughed that much in a while; felt good!


No comments:

Post a Comment