Friday, January 30, 2015

Operation Zulu: Overkill ~ Ronie Kendig



Book: Operation Zulu (series)
Author: Ronie Kendig
Pubisher: Shiloh Run Press
Publishing Date: July 4, 2014

My interest in this book is: If I'm craving action, adventure, a bit of mystery with a hint of romance, my first go-to author is Ronie Kendig.

Type of Book: Contemporary Military Fiction ~ Inspirational

Ideas / message / plot:  An all-female Special Forces team, a tragic mission, and a complicated task to re-right the wrong.

Favorite characters, quotes / lines: 

From part 3: "But wasn't that an empty promise? Just like the soldier who promised to do his best if...Well, the scenario didn't matter. You either did your best or you didn't. If your best depended on circumstances, then that meant you weren't dependable. Who'd want to put their lives in the hands of someone who evaluated whether or not to give their best on what they'd get in return? What cowardice." OH, so good! 

When I finished this book I felt: Wow! Ronie, I so can't wait for the next series! Ronie stacks her books with fully-developed, "I want to know them more" characters. Just like a TV series, there aren't just 2-lead characters that you're intrigued in; you have a handful to choose from as your favorites and I still couldn't tell you who I like best. 

Other books to read by this Author or theme:  Please, read Overkill and if you even get a hint of the adrenaline and enthralling storyline I'm so excited about, pick up any of her books; they will not disappoint. Have you tried her other series: Discarded Heroes, A Breed Apart, or the Quiet Professionals?


Overall: Yes, yes, yes! Ronie is onto something here with this tv-like miniseries. I am a huge fan and greatly look forward to more--whether the miniseries are Zulu oriented or not each "season." These are quick reads that will have you coming back for more. Try Overkill for FREE and see what all the excitement is about. (To be honest, I wasn't "I can't put this down"-hooked until part 2 but that's to be expected; in the beginning you're setting the scene and getting to know characters. You can't create a plot that hooks your readers unless they're invested in the characters involved and by part 2, the reader is invested!) I should've read it with a notepad next to me to keep track of the chapter times. Not that they were out of order, I just am detail oriented like that.

5 - star series that belongs in anyone's Kindle Library! Even if this isn't your ordinary genre, it's FREE! Give it a try and let me know what you think. 


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you, Joleen! I'm so glad you loved Zulu. I LOVED writing that serial!! Thank you for featuring it here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, please don't stop writing them! :) You are so on to something amazing with these.
    And...the last lines of the last book! AH! I bet you had the biggest smile on your face--it is SO good!

    My friend writes screenplays if you're ever interested in seeing where else your books might go.... :)

    ReplyDelete