Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Book Review ~ Lizzy and Jane



Book:  Lizzy and Jane
Author: Katherine Reay
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Publishing Date: October 28, 2014

I received this book from Netgally.com for an honest review. 

My interest in this book: I love Jane Austen and a fellow avid reader (who has spectacular taste) suggested. Thanks, Rel! (You can find her here: http://relzreviewz.com/)

Ideas / message / plot: NY chef takes time to reunite with her family who lives in Seattle, where her sister is battling cancer. This is a book about love, grace, dreams and overcoming. 

Favorite characters, quotes / lines: "'Take an umbrella?' 'And let everyone know I'm a visitor? I don't think so.'" Haha! Every Seattleite knows this rule. ;-)

Seriously... the 1st kiss scene gave me butterflies! I wont quote it here, you'll have to read it yourself. 

"'What's wrong with sweat pants?' 'What's right with sweat pants?'"

Too many more quotes to list here. Let me know your fav.s!
When I finished this book I felt: Wow! Katherine, how did you do it?! What a read. Utterly moving. Truth. Solid. Pure. Real. Beautiful.  Really, how do you go there? As a writer, maybe just even as a person, I don't know how to go there. Perhaps I'm just afraid to go there. I loved every moment of it though. Every. Single. Moment.

Overall: If you want a real read that connects soul-deep with you, this is it. 
Bookshelf worthy and a 5-star Feast!

No comments:

Post a Comment