Saturday, May 31, 2014

Book Review ~ The Heart's Pursuit



Book: The Heart's Pursuit
Author: Robin Lee Hatcher
Publisher: Zondervan
Publishing Date: May 13, 2014

I received this book from the author as well as through www.netgalley.com from the publisher for an honest review.

My interest in this book: I've heard a lot about this author but had yet to read one of her wonderful stories.

Ideas expressed/message/plot: Trust; overcoming the past

Favorite characters, quotes, lines: Her introduction is fantastic: "If he hadn't ridden through here three days earlier..."

When I finished this book: It was cute, clean read.

Overall: This was a good read; clean. I would recommend this book to teen +. I give it 3.8 stars. 

If you want a study of how to write sentences to draw in your reader, this book is a fantastic example of that. Ms. Hatcher does a fantastic job of hooking the reader through choosing perfect sentence verbiage and placement to peak the reader's curiosity.  

No comments:

Post a Comment