Thursday, April 21, 2011

Here We Are

Here we are, on this earth, going through our daily lives. There are people who make obvious differences in the lives of others. And then there are the rest of us. Take me, for example. I'm a mom. I love being a mom. I have a wonderful husband who allows me to stay home and help ensure our two little ones grow up to be everything God has created them to be.

However, I am more than just a mom. I have a vision! A purpose. Some women are called to be moms and the title "Mom" brings them complete satisfaction & fulfillment.  These are the amazing women that take in other children--neighbors, friends of friends, hurting & lost youth. I honor these women who are following God's call to pour into the lives of so many young people. You are helping to reshape the nation with what your hands are busy doing! Thank you!

I reminded myself before getting married: "don't loose yourself in becoming 'wife'. You are still you. Don't stop doing those things that define who you are just because this new, amazing man & you are now sharing a life together." I remind myself of that again as we add children to out family. **Don't loose yourself**

Don't forget about the passions and the purpose that are deep-rooted on you heart, in your soul. They make up who you are. They are keys to what God has called you to do and how He has called you to serve Him! Yes, sometimes our dreams get put on hold for a while--like when raising infants and preschoolers--but allow the vision to simmer. Add water to your vision and dreams--don't let it burn! If it has burnt, don't through it away! Pray for refreshed vision & new hope. Ask God to remind you of who He has called you to be.


God, I am your servant here on earth. I know that you are in continual search for people who love you to do your work. Use me! Refresh my eyes to see what you see & stir my heart to love like you love. I worship you, God, with every breath that I take today. I choose joy. I see your creativity & beauty in so much around me. Thank you! Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff, Joleen! I can only imagine that being a mom requires a lot of self-sacrifice, and I look forward to that some day, because I know it's such a beautiful and noble thing, but you're right, you don't want to lose a sense of yourself outside of that role either. I actually feel that way with school because it's so demanding and consuming that I have to fight to feel like I have a life or identity outside of it, but it's freeing to do so. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! Your statements are SO true! It's easy to loose ourselves & who God has created us to be just as easily as it is to get wrapped up in our worlds and forget how big God is & all the plans that he has. I like how the Message says it, "Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track" (Pr 3:5-6). How amazing it would be if every Christian would make decisions every day according to faith & the whisperings of God in our hearts than out of fear, habit, or what is convenient for the moment!

    I love hearing from you & I pray that school continues to go well for you and that God opens doors for you to poor out all that He is flooding into your heart (and mind)! May you be refreshed daily. I pray you and your husband have an incredible year as you continue to grow & serve God together! Love you!

    ReplyDelete